*CAC Required (Select ID Certificate)
The deadline for submission of Green to Gold ADO and Scholarship Applications will be determined upon opening of the application window.
What is Green to Gold?
Click the video to begin play, you can click to make
the video fullscreen after launch.
|The Army Green to Gold (G2G) Program is designed to offer Enlisted Soldiers in the Army the opportunity to earn a commission as Army Officers. This program offers enlisted Soldiers several unique ways to earn a baccalaureate or graduate degree:
Division Commander's 2,3 or 4 Year Hip Pocket Scholarships
The Army ROTC Green to Gold Division Commander's Hip Pocket Scholarship Program provides selected Soldiers the opportunity to complete their baccalaureate degree requirements and obtain a commission through participation in the ROTC Scholarship program. Each year, division commanders may nominate deserving Soldiers for two, three, and four-year Green to Gold scholarships. Units are encouraged to nominate Soldiers that have exhibited the potential for further outstanding service to the United States and the Army as Commissioned Officers. Interested Soldiers are encouraged to follow-up with their chain of command. Download the Hip Pocket Guide and complete an application by clicking the "Create An Account" link below. Click on "Log In" if you already have an account. After creating an account, return to this page and start the application.
Green To Gold Scholarship
- Scholarships are awarded for two, three, or four years.
- Soldiers with two years of college remaining to complete their degree are considered for two-year scholarships.
- Soldiers with three years of college remaining to complete their degree are considered for three-year scholarships.
- Soldiers without college credit who require four years to complete their degree are considered for four-year scholarships.
- To assist you in the application process you can use the Green to Gold Scholarship Option Information Booklet. The booklet contains valuable information about the program and can help you submit your application.
BenefitsGreen to Gold Scholarship Option winners receive:
- Tuition or room and board support.
- Additional money for textbooks, supplies, and equipment.
- A monthly stipend for up to 10 months each school year that increases each year based on your Military Science Class.
- Pay for attending the Cadet Leadership Course (CLC) between the junior and senior years of college.
- If qualified, Montgomery G.I. Bill/Army College Fund (MGIB/ACF) benefits.
- Additionally, many colleges and universities offer incentives to scholarship winners. The Professor of Military Science (PMS) at your college of choice can provide further information on what is available at the school.
In addition to the financial incentives, Soldiers receive additional benefits as ROTC Cadets. These benefits include:
- Leadership training
- Responsibility and Practical Experience
- Mentorship of the PMS/APMS
- U.S. Citizen (non-waiverable)
- Age - you must be under 31 years of age on 31 December of the year you complete all requirements for a commission. You must have acquired your bachelor's degree by this time. This is a statutory requirement and there are no waivers authorized.
- No criminal convictions.
- You must have served a minimum of two-years Active Duty as well as three months of Active Duty for every one month of specialized training (a waiver can be requested).
- GT score of 110 or greater.
- Pass the APFT within the last six months with score of 180 or higher, minimum of 60 points in each event.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Cumulative High School or College GPA of 2.5.
- Letter of Acceptance to School of Choice offering Army ROTC.
- Letter of Acceptance from the PMS of that Army ROTC Battalion.
- Favorable National Agency Check.
- DODMERB Medical Qualification.
- No more than three dependents including spouse (waiverable).
- Four-year applicants must have taken the ACT or SAT.